Thirteen years ago, in a documentary called “The Money Masters”, we asked the question why is America going broke. It wasn’t clear then that we were, but it is today. Now the question is how can we get out of this mess. Foreclosures are everywhere, unemployment is skyrocketing – and this is only the beginning. America’s economy is on a long, slippery slope from here on. The bubble ride of debt has come to an end.
What can government do? The sad answer is – under the current monetary system – nothing. It’s not going to get better until the root of the problem is understood and addressed. There isn’t enough stimulus money in the entire world to get us out of this hole.
Why? Debt. The national debt is just like our consumer debt – it’s the interest that’s killing us.
Though most people don’t realize it the government can’t just issue it’s own money anymore. It used to be that way. The King could just issue stuff called money. Abraham Lincoln did it to win the Civil War.
No, today, in our crazy money system, the government has to borrow our money into existence and then pay interest on it. That’s why they call it the National Debt. All our money is created out of debt. Politicians who focus on reducing the National Debt as an answer probably don’t know what the National Debt really is. To reduce the National Debt would be to reduce our money – and there’s already too little of that.
No, you have to go deeper. You have to get at the root of this problem or we’re never going to fix this. The solution isn’t new or radical. America used to do it. Politicians used to fight with big bankers over it. It’s all in our history – now sadly – in the distant past.
But why can’t we just do it again? Why can’t we just issue our own money, debt free? That, my friends, is the answer. Talk about reform! That’s the only reform that will make a huge difference to everyone’s life – even worldwide.
The solution is the secret that’s been hidden from us for just over 100 years – ever since the time when author L. Frank Baum wrote “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.”
If you like this film, please support the makers by purchasing an official DVD, by spreading the word about the movie, by making a donation on their web page, or by other means available to you. Thank you!
· Joseph Farah, Founder and CEO of WorldNetDaily.
· Peter Schiff, President of Euro-Pacific Capital, the leading “bear” on Wall Street, author.
· Byron Dale, author and monetary reform expert, author of many books.
· Ellen Brown, author Web of Debt, attorney, and monetary reform expert
· James Robertson, former official in a variety of slots in the UK government, and head of the Inter-Bank Research Organization, author of many books
· Prof. Nick Tideman, VA Tech University School of Economics
· Prof. Michael Hudson, President of The Institute for the Study of Long-Term Economic Trends (ISLET), a Wall Street Financial Analyst, Distinguished Research Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri, Kansas City and author of Super-Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire (1972 and 2003)
· John Keyworth, Curator, Bank of England Museum
· Prof. Quentin Taylor, professor of political science at Rogers State University
· Reed Simpson, banker, asset manager
More info at: http://www.secretofoz.com